RSS

Indocorner

I don't know about other places outside of Tawau, Sabah but here we have what I called the 'indo food frenzy'. There's quite a number of 'indo cafes' mushrooming around the district in the past couple of years. And what the heck is this indo cafes you ask? I guess since we're the nearest to Indonesia (via Tarakan - google them people) there's bound to be influences from that particular neighbouring country. And there's nothing wrong with that since I'm a true believer of good food and if these food originated from Indonesia, then I say bring it on! Indonesian food are synonymous to strong spices, sweetness and bright colours to which I'm a die hard fan of. And their sambal (if done right of course) is still the best in the world by far!

So moving on before I ramble about other semi-unrelated things. A natural gift, I know.. Huhuhuhu.. Among all of the indo cafes, this is one of the newest. Well, at least I think it is since I've only recently discover it by cruising along Kubota Square. Situated just beside the Maybank office, the cafe is previously a different other cafe that I can't seem to remember the name. Sigh! I'm definitely lapsing in the memory department. Their decor is a simple yet eye-catching place with a relaxed atmosphere. I also needed to mention the friendly and somewhat very eager-to-please waiters working dedicatedly at the cafe. It may be due to the fact that there isn't that many patrons around during the time (which was a shame since their 'rival' across the street is fairing much better). Anyway, the most important thing to focus here are the food. I've ordered their Nasi Lemak with Chicken Curry and... well, I really tried to bring myself to say that I loved it but I just can't lie. The chicken curry is okay, maybe average and the sambal is tasty but I have a problem with the rice. It's hard to chew and swallow, the same goes for their anchovies. But I've also ordered their Fried Banana with Cheese (which is the staple item for any indo cafes) and I can't help but compare them with the other indo cafes. While it is not bad, I have to say that I've had better ones. Although do not worry since my partner in crime tried their Grilled Chicken with Blackpepper Mushroom Soup (okay, this is quite new to me since I can't remember any other indo cafes serving western dishes in their menu) and he says that it's lovely. And I'm still rooting for them to improved their tastes since the place has potential (and the fact that I really like the people working there, even the owner is smiley)

** Current status - Still in operation (as of October 2013)






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment