RSS

Usrah Hub Cafe & Butik

I've actually wanted to write a review about this particular place for sometime now but for some reason, I usually overlooked them in my to do list. I got caught up doing other reviews that I normally forgot the places that I've been to days before that. So after whipping myself up (lazy lazy lazy), finally here we are! The cafe is situated at Perdana Jaya (yup, I finally figure out the name of the buildings that surrounded Giant Hypermarket) and it's right beside a popular indo cafe (review coming soon near you) and yes, it is also a boutique for muslim women's fashion (but that's on the first floor of the property, we'll just focus our attention on the ground level). Since it is geared towards muslim women in particular, the decor is obviously very feminine and cosy. Very homey as well. Oh and they also have magazine racks nearby for your viewing pleasure and an interesting collection of Coca Cola tin cans from around the world on display (not sure if that has got anything to do with the overall concept but hey, I'm not complaining).

It's a shame that for some reason, the cafe is not as popular as their rival beside them. Again I think it hurt them a bit in terms of customer counts because they have to compete with said indo cafe but then again, that's business! And I firmly believe that if you have a stable menu, people will still flock to your place. But is their food really good? Hmmm.. I say it's so so. Me and my partner ordered their Chicken Tom Yam Soup, Ayam Masak Pedas and Ikan Masak 3 Rasa.  I actually think that their menu is pretty good and the way the food was cooked was really nice and quite tasty (my favourite word) but it's unfortunate that their food supply are not freshly stocked. I think that because of the number of customers per day are not that many, they tend to store the food in the fridge for a couple of days. Hence the not so fresh finishing product. I've eaten a fried chicken from the same joint (mind you, this is not my first rodeo here) and the insides of the meal is still pretty raw and just not fresh. Such a shame cause they do have yummy desserts. They also provide an awesome line of Hari Raya biscuits in their stores.

If I'm not mistaken, they also had a branch up at Eastern Plaza, but under a slightly different name (I meant the cafe, not the boutique - they also have a branch of their boutique on a different floor at EP) cause I noticed that they have almost identical menus & desserts. Even the magazine & book racks are very similar (I felt like a genius for figuring this one out, hehehe...). And the name of the place is also not a typo okay, it does spelt like that.

** Current status - Has been closed (as of August 2015)






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment