RSS

Cafe@Se7en

It's that time of the year again where I was reminded of the 'age is just a number' mantra. Yes people, it's my birthday and it's somewhat a tradition in our family that during our birth dates, we can pick any place for us to have this 'special meal' and this year, I'm 'demanding' (okay, more or less begged) to go to Cafe@Se7en. It's been ages since I've last went to the place so I'm pretty excited when my mom agreed to bring me there. So if you haven't figured out where the cafe is, it's on the 7th floor (obviously) of the Promenade Hotel Tawau, Sabah. Oh and if you entered through the main door of the hotel, proceed to the lifts on your left since the right ones are for their function rooms and car parks.

We decided to try out their semi-buffet dinner line (that has been advertised like nobodies business - the giant billboard in front of the hotel is really hard to ignore). How this works is that you pick one of the 6 main course meals from the menu and then feel free to take as many as side dishes, salads and desserts as you can possibly stuffed yourself from the display tables/islands. All of that costs you RM38 nett per person of course. And as a self-proclaimed dessert queen, that is just the ultimate for me. So for the main courses, I've decided on their Chicken Boxing set (with the intention to maximize the desserts later on) and mom decided on their Roasted Chicken set. Tastes wise both of the dishes are good and very Masterchefy but honestly, I've tastes better dishes somewhere else. But their side dishes was just superb (absolutely loved their mashed potatoes and coleslaws) and mom also preferred their Mee Goreng (I'm not sure whether to call it a side dish but it is available on the counter) over her main course. And their desserts? I'm bowing down to the greatness that is their various desserts (okay, maybe except that weird tasting tiramisu but everything else were marvellous). My personal favourites are the Chocolate Roll Cakes, Mini Chocolate Tarts and Chocolate Mousse (a big shout out to their pastry chef - a job well done!). I'll be very happy if I can have their desserts all day long.

** Current status - Still in operation (as of November 2013)








Updated on 17/11/2016 - We'd gone back recently to celebrate my birthday but unfortunately they no longer have the semi buffet. They instead have individual lunch and dinner sets, as well as the 'longest high tea' buffet during the weekends. Below are some of their dinner sets, which includes soup of the day, main course (we had their Nasi Lemak & Nasi Lalap) and a choice of dessert (either a cake or fruits).






  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment