RSS

Fook Yuen Coffee Shop Karamunsing Capital (KK FoodieVenture #4)

Okay, so according to my Kota Kinabalu friends and relatives, if you ever visit KK and did not stop by Fook Yuen Coffee Shop, then it's your lost. And to quote my dear Auntie Linda, it a HUGE lost. Obviously that got me curious as to how good the place is. So me and my partner decided to drop by this in-famous place the first chance we get.

Known as the place to be for breakfast (but you can come by anytime since the menu is consistently fresh throughout the day) the place is actually a successful franchise on its own. They currently have 4 different branches throughout KK and we went to their Karamunsing Capital branch (the one near Karamunsing shopping mall). It's fortunate that we went around brunch time so not many patrons are around. The food are mostly pre-made and you can just scoop anything you fancy from their food counters. They have every breakfast meals that you could think of, from Nasi Lemak to Mee Tauhu to Dim Sum. I absolutely love their very simple Nasi Lemak with its tasty sambal. Between me and my partner, we manage to grab a couple of things per person, which unfortunately we later realise that it's got more to do with greed rather than hunger.

But if you wish for something freshly cooked, have no fear because they do have a slew of cook-to-order dishes. And what I like most about the place is its somewhat unique approach in delivering your drinks. See, they give you a number upon payment on the counter and you have to picked up your own drinks when your number is called out from a bank-like number caller (can't you tell that I'm having a 'great' time explaining the thing to you?). Kinda like Starbucks minus them calling out your name for all to hear. 










  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment