RSS

Harbour Garden Cafe (Sandakan FoodieVenture #3)

Yup I'm on a roll tonight folks! And before I go MIA again, I might as well post as many things as I can right? Trust me, it doesn't help that we're currently in the Ramadhan fasting month. Too many temptations of course ;-)

On my second day in Sandakan (and right after a somewhat gruelling 6 hours of uninterrupted and headache induced course) I really do need a break since my stomach has been acting up. So I rang up my partner to meet me downstairs and we continued our foodie adventure at the Sandakan harbour. And we both agreed that we wish that we had a harbour just like the ones in Sandakan, as it's definitely the place for people to hang out during the evenings and weekends (yes I'm looking at you Traulsen Highway).

Our next stop was the Harbour Garden Cafe, which was situated right next to the restaurant we'd previously posted. And if you'd notice, a majority of the restaurants here had 'harbour' somewhere in their names, somewhat like a theme going on there. Now this cafe has a more laid back feel, as oppose to the previous ones (which was more 'open restaurant' feel) as a lot of young people preferred to stop here and have a drink or two while chatting away. We decided on their Mee Goreng Mamak (for my partner - I only heard murmured as he was eating so I assume that that's a good sign) and their Honey Chicken Set plus Rice (which was nothing to shout about but not disappointing either). It was a pretty hot day while we were there so that probably clouded my personal judgement. Yes, I'm thinking of clever ways to disguise by bad comments here. Huhuhuhu...









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment