RSS

Day Day Soto

This is a pretty unique cafe for me. It's more like a specialty cafe, where they're focusing on a product that they're obviously good at making. And in this case, it's the soto dish (I know almost everyone is at least familiar with this dish, particularly if you're really into soupy dishes). I have gone through this road (the road = Unipark commercial area, near to Taman Univilla) possibly hundreds of times (because I live nearby) and yes, I did notice that this cafe was almost always full with customers. So obviously that triggered my interest and on a fine day, me and my mom decided to give it a go.

So I'm not that surprise to find that their main menu was the soto dish (the Chinese version mind you - with a wide range of condiments to choose from). I mean, it is called Day Day Soto right? But I was taken aback when I discovered that that is the only menu that they're offering. You can choose to eat it in its glorious soupy state or pair it with a Gon Lo Men or plain white rice. And yes, they do have a wide range of selection of soto to choose from. Me and mother dearest decided to try out their Chicken Soto and Fish Soto together with some Gon Lo Men, which were unimpressive overall. Both of us thought that the dishes were only average in taste. They do have toasts on their menu (we tried out their Chocolate Toast and it's again so-so in taste and the bread was pretty stale) and sadly that is also the only other food of choice here should you are not in the mood for any soto dish.

**Current status - Still in operation (as of Dec 2014)









(Updated on 28/03/2018 - Me and my mom decided to stop by the cafe again after many years and was quite impressed to see that their food selection has somewhat grown throughout the years, albeit average tasting at best)



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment