RSS

Kentucky Fried Chicken Fajar Tawau

Again let me stress out that I'm currently eating my words for supposedly not going to review popular franchises. But here I am! There are currently 5 branches of KFC here in Tawau (yup, there're really popular) and one of the newest edition to the family was this branch at Fajar Complex. It's located next to the Allianz Insurance office and is actually at the former Hong Leong Bank building. Mind you, there's actually another KFC at the same area but thankfully not that near from each other.

I don't think I need any lengthy introduction to the world of KFC since I'm pretty sure everyone has been into one in their entire lifetime. Plus my main focus is to review their latest offering, that is the (again, very heavily advertised) Double Down Maxx burger. Now I know that KFC has these seemly never ending promos of new products but what attracted me to this was when I discover that it's a burger without the usual bun sandwiching the patty. So when me and my partner dug into our bunless burgers, I notice that it's a bit too salty for my liking. But it's still very filling as the thing (despite the less appealing look) was actually quite huge. My partner just loves the burger so much that he ordered another one to go. I also like to highlight the KFC new selection of side dishes such as the mini harsh browns, fried jalapenos, fried onion rings and fried criss cut fries (which were all very delicious by the way; main rival McD really needs to step it up now). Their new and improved regular fries are also to die for as it is now more crispier and tastier then ever before. Two thumbs up for their side dishes!

** Current status - Still in operation (as of Dec 2014) 









  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment